Tuesday, December 2, 2008

They're Baaaaack!

Guess what!  Our alarm works!  We were able to test it out when someone tried to break in - AGAIN!  My theory (one officer agreed, the other had no opinion) was the thief's "methy" girlfriend came back to get our replacements.  

Our neighbor saw a rather scraggly woman knocking on our door and I saw her leaving when I pulled up to the house.  In my too-much-tv mind, I think she was the girlfriend coming back for more, and was scared off by the alarm.  The officer on duty back in September warned that it may happen again.  Apparently once you know what goods you have and where you stash them, it's much too tempting to leave it be.  So, once the insurance check clears and you replace - they strike again!  

This post is not to scare, but to warn.  In these tough times, people want what you got!  The officer from last night suggested we arm ourselves.  I tried to explain that Ryan and I are the last two people to be trusted with a gun.  We'll see how I feel after round 3...
:)
KK

3 comments:

Chris said...

I agree with the cop....pack some heat. Hey, it could be a special couples bonding time...fun at the shooting range.

Geoff and Brooke +1 said...

That sucks that they're back, at least you caught them before they got in! I can only imagine how violating that feels! Maybe you should get a big German Shepard instead of a gun and call him "Gauge" (as in a 12 Gauge shotgun) or maybe "AK" (like the AK-47)...not that I know anything about guns, the only things I know I learned from Snoop Doggy Dog. :) Hang in there!

Ryan and Dani Diepenbrock said...

I definitely agree with Brooke. After we woke up with the rapist standing at the foot of our bed we got a dog the next day! I can't say that I really enjoyed the feeling that I needed therapy after the experience but we did get our baby out of it and she's so worth it!